Zayo Data Privacy Statement
Purpose & Scope
The purpose of this policy is to define data compliance with legal and contractual requirements in order to avoid breaches of legal, statutory, regulatory or contractual obligations related to information security and of any security requirements.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (“Zayo”) is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information we collect and process in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA/CPRA”) and other applicable USA State and Global Privacy laws in 2023.
We are a processor of any personal information you provide to us. Our contact information is as follows:
1821 30th Street, Suite A
We collect and process personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our products and services to you
- To manage and improve our products and services
- To communicate with you about our products and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
The legal basis for our processing of your personal information is for the performance of a contract, for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, and for our legitimate interests in providing and improving our products and services. We collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Contact information such as name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Billing information such as credit card or bank account details
- Technical information such as IP address and device information
- Usage information such as details of your use of our products and services
We may disclose your personal information to the following recipients:
- Government or regulatory authorities as required by law or regulation
- Our legal and financial advisors
- Zayo internal teams for service delivery, maintenance, and billing
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and as required by law. Under the GDPR, PIPEDA, CCPA/CPRA, and other USA State and Global data privacy laws, you have the following rights:
- The right to access your personal information
- The right to rectify any inaccurate personal information
- The right to the erasure of your personal information
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal information
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information
- The right to opt out of the sale of your personal information (under CCPA)
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights (under CCPA)
You may exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or regulatory body.
As described under GDPR Article 46. Zayo provides appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. As described under GDPR Article 46, Zayo has Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) between the controller or processor and the controller, processor or the recipient of the personal data in the third country or international organisation. Zayo will take steps to ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data privacy laws in your location.
If we process your Personal Data for the purpose of sending you marketing communications, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications from Zayo by clicking on the “manage preference” link located on the bottom of Zayo marketing emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that, notwithstanding the above, you will continue to receive marketing and non-transactional communications from us unless you manage your receipt of such communications by clicking on the “manage preference” link.
Opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of receiving important business communications related to your current relationships with us, such as communications about your services, or your billing account.
Zayo does not intend to transfer or sell customer information to a third party organization.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices or your rights under the GDPR, PIPEDA, CCPA/CPRA, and other applicable USA State, and Global Privacy laws please contact the Zayo data protection officer at email@example.com
Validity and policy management
This policy is valid as of March 30th, 2023. The owner of this policy is the Corporate Security team, who must check and, if necessary, update the policy at least once a year.