Why a Zayo Summer Internship?
Zayo’s highly competitive summer internship program provides current students and recent graduates with the opportunity to make a real impact in our global organization – all while being paid a competitive wage. Whether you’re a certificate-seeking, undergraduate or graduate student, our 10-week summer program challenges the best and brightest students to apply the knowledge and skills gained in the classroom to real-world settings.
Our objective is to offer full-time employment to outstanding interns who have recently graduated and part-time positions to those returning to school in the fall. Consistent with our commitment to inclusivity, diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Over the course of the program, our collaborative environment will expose you to a variety of aspects within the business to enhance your learning and prepare you for employment with Zayo. Participants will also be involved in greater group dynamics through exclusive intern events during the summer such as:
- Meaningful projects
- Lunch & Learns
- Zayo mentors & buddies
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Data center tour
- Roundtable sessions with executives
- Full-time opportunities post-program
- Invitations to exclusive events
- Monthly group fitness
- Internovate competition
Zayo is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with an office near Union Station in Denver. We take pride in our roots as a Colorado startup and maintain strong ties with the global entrepreneurial community. We value diversity and inclusion — we’ve reached gender parity in our Boulder office and have been recognized, both locally and nationally, for our board diversity. The communities we work in are important to us, and will be to you too.
- Able to work full-time during the summer in Boulder/Denver, Colorado
- Strong desire to start working full-time in the telecom industry
- Currently earning a relevant certificate or university/college degree; graduating this year a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset; self-starter who is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and an understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in communications infrastructure.
- Develop practical experience relevant to your studies and expertise within telecom
- Understand how a large company operates on a day-to-day basis
- Strengthen critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us.
“I loved Zayo’s summer internship program because it was all-inclusive. While my area of focus was in talent development and community engagement, I was able to learn more about other aspects of the company through lunch and learns and interacting with other interns!”
2018 Intern/Current:Talent Acquisition Sourcing Specialist
“My internship at Zayo has been one of the best experiences so far in my career. I not only found a company I feel passionate about and a team I look forward to seeing every week, I also found an inclusive community of wonderful people who want to see me succeed. Zayo’s internship program is the perfect example of a company that cares about new talent and gives them the resources to grow as professionals and make themselves at home!”
2017 Intern/Current: Strategic Operations Manager