Enhanced Power, Generator Systems, and Security Measures Improve Reliability
BOULDER, Colo.—Jan. 28, 2014—Zayo Group, LLC (“Zayo”), an international provider of Bandwidth Infrastructure services, announces a recent upgrade to its Las Vegas, Nev., colocation facility, located at 7185 Pollock Dr., that supports improved uptime and security. Electrical, mechanical, network and security enhancements enable Zayo to offer customers increased reliability and essential disaster recovery services. Zayo also installed a new generator system that supports a new redundant cooling system, as well as installed diverse power distribution paths.
- New 2MW utility feed from NV Energy that doubles power into the building
- New utility service supported by a redundant UPS system
- New 2 MW Generator with 3,000-gallon diesel fuel tank
- New DC Power Plant
- Refurbished two 240-ton chillers and addition of free-cooling (pre-coolers) to improve power efficiency
- Expanded cold aisle containment, including cold air ducting, isolation panels, and curtains
Network and Security:
- Upgraded to new BMS (Building Management System) and C-Cure security system to be monitored by zColo 24/7
- New fingerprint biometric readers to improve security
- Increased from 32 to 60 security cameras
“Upgrading the Las Vegas facility enables us to provide a more resilient environment for our current customers, plus those searching for cost-effective, yet competitive, colocation solutions.” says Greg Friedman, vice president of zColo. “Gaming operators, financial services, and cloud computing companies are looking for the essential disaster recovery and business continuity services that this facility now offers.”
For more information on zColo data centers, visit http://www.zayo.com/services/colocation/.
About Zayo Group
Based in Boulder, Colo., privately owned Zayo Group (www.zayo.com) is an international provider of fiber-based Bandwidth Infrastructure services and carrier-neutral colocation and interconnection services. Zayo serves wireline and wireless carriers, data centers, Internet content and services companies, high bandwidth enterprises, and federal, state and local government agencies. Zayo provides these services over metro, national, international and fiber-to-the-tower networks. With its acquisitions of USCarrier, FiberGate and AboveNet, Zayo’s network includes 75,954 route miles, spanning 45 states in the US as well as major cities in the United Kingdom, France, Germany and the Netherlands. Its network serves approximately 14,001 on-net buildings, including 602 data centers, 586 carrier PoPs, and 3,469 cell towers. Zayo’s colocation assets include 175,036 billable square feet of interconnect-focused colocation space.
Linhart Public Relations for Zayo