zColo Circuit Designer
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Engineering, Service Delivery
Job Number: MR-1217
zColo Circuit Designer
Reports To: Director, Service Delivery zColo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
zColo has an exciting opening for a highly motivated and quick learning Circuit Designer to join our zColo Service Delivery team. This individual will work alongside engineers and assist with creating and updating designs based on order documentation, managing physical inventory, and facility capacity management. An ideal candidate will possess working knowledge of Ethernet and DWDM networks. Candidates should also have a strong understanding of Metasolv, Microsoft Office, and Visio as these applications are critical for day-to-day functions. Circuit Designers should be familiar with core competencies such as physical connectivity over fiber and copper, riser and cross-connects, as well as related terminology. Due to the fast paced atmosphere at Zayo, great organizational skills are a must. This is a great opportunity for a bright and driven individual who wants to develop a highly desired skillset and career with a rapidly growing service provider
- Analyzes service orders to determine appropriate circuit design.
- Designs and prepares detailed circuit layout records for end to end circuit delivery and interfaces with other internal departments to ensure coordination of all elements required for provisioning of service.
- Utilize Metasolv to design and prepare detailed circuit layout records for end to end circuit delivery and ongoing operation.
- Maintain facility inventory systems to ensure accurate and complete facility assignments.
- Identify and notify Engineering/Planning department of network congestion.
- Provides a variety of assistance and expertise to internal departments.
- Provides technical support and interpretation as requested.
- Assists in the development and revision of internal procedures related to the processing and publication of CLRs.
- Adherence and enforcement of established company security standards.
- In depth knowledge of telecommunications standards and protocols.
- Practical knowledge of Ethernet/IP and DWDM networks.
- Ability to initiate and comprehend complex designs and arrange detailed information in a logical format.
- Competency in navigating various database applications and MS software applications such as Excel, Visio and Word.
- Competency in using Metasolv for adding, removing, changing device inventory, circuits, and managing capacity.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively, while maintaining a precise attention to detail in an interrupted work environment.
- Self-initiated to gain the knowledge necessary to perform job duties at a high level in a technically changing environment.
- Solution oriented analytical problem-solving skills.
- 3+ years in a telecommunications circuit design role that encompassed all aspects of circuit design from order acceptance to published CLR for all types of circuits.
- Hands-on knowledge of telecommunications equipment configuration.
- Experience with SalesForce and Metasolv database applications a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.