Warehouse & Inventory Clerk-Allstream
Location: Golden Valley,MN     Department: Operations
Job Number: AL122
Allstream is hiring a Warehouse & Inventory Clerk in Golden Valley, MN.
Summary of Position
The position located in the Allstream Golden Valley facilities will be responsible for the shipping and receiving of equipment and materials for the Unified Communications Installation and services teams. The successful candidate will be required to ensure accurate recording, tracking and transferring of inventory, physically and through the company’s information tools and will maintain overall warehouse organization and cleanliness.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Demonstrable knowledge of inventory and warehousing procedures.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Office Administration Software, specifically Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrable communication skills; Verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Potential after hour may be required.;
- (The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act) Requires very frequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, standing, speaking and hearing and frequent kneeling, walking on uneven surfaces, repetitive use of the hands, squeezing, keyboarding and crouching. Requires frequent lifting and carrying of 1-10 pounds, frequent lifting of 11-20 pounds and occasional lifting and carrying of 21-50 or more pounds. Also requires constant pushing and pulling of 1-50 pounds and infrequent pushing and pulling of over 50 pounds with the aid of handcarts or other wheeled devices. Must be able to perform primarily medium work. Must be able to perform close detail work, operate mobile equipment. Must possess good visual and color acuity.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. One-year warehouse/inventory experience preferred.
Notes: The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.