Video NCC Tier II Technician
Location: Tulsa,OK     Department: Engineering, Operations
Job Number: MR-1151
Video NCC Tier II Technician
Reports To: Manager, Video NCC
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, health, and services of the Zayo Live Video Network (+) within the Zayo NCC. The Zayo NCC is staffed 24/7/365 and NCC staff is required to be available for work on rotating shifts, including overnights, and ‘on-call’.
- Maintain quality control of video, audio, and data transport feeds through analytics and network management systems for transmission over fiber optic networks.
- Open, maintain, and close trouble cases related to client and network services.
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain local access connectivity, including Type II and on-net providers.
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain client services delivered via the Live VideoNetwork(s).
- Applicant must possess a basic knowledge of WAN and LAN network concepts, protocols, and transport technologies not limited to: SONET, WDM, DTM, ATM, MPLS, and IP.
- Detailed understanding of SMPTE standards, including but not limited to: 259M (SD-SDI), 292M (HD-SDI), SMPTE 424M (3G-SDI), and SMPTE 2036-3 (4K), SMPTE 2022, SMPTE 2110, SMPTE 2059.
- Understanding of compressed (JPEG2000 / MPEG) and uncompressed digital signals (video and audio) over network transport systems.
- Understanding of SNMP and experience with monitoring and control systems for quality and service delivery.
- Ability to operate and understand results from test equipment, including but not limited to: Waveform, Vectorscopes, Oscilloscopes, transport stream analyzers, and digital signal monitors.
- Read, comprehend, and distribute information around schematics and technical manuals.
- Awareness knowledge of site power and backup/UPS solutions.
- Coordinating and supporting facilities access.
- Strong customer-facing verbal and written communication.
- Work with Tier II to maintain organization and relevancy related to LiveVideo information repositories.
- Work with Engineering/Service delivery and management to maintain organization and relevancy related to Live Video information repositories.
- Applicant must possess in-depth knowledge of WAN and LAN network concepts, protocols, and transport technologies not limited to: SONET, WDM, DTM, ATM, MPLS, and IP.
- 3 years technical training to diploma level or better in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in the maintenance and operation of broadcast, transmission, and LAN network transport solutions, equipment, and environments
- Ability to interact with clients and co-workers in a professional and efficient manner
- Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel) knowledge
- SalesForce experience
- Project Management experience
- Well-written and well-spoken
- Ability and willingness to serve as an escalation point for customers and colleagues when applicable
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, Evertz, Infinera, Ciena, Net Insight, Ekinops, and/or Alcatel equipment and related network element management systems
- General IP and/or Wave equipment and protocol experience
- Experience with video transport via fiber, IP, and/or satellite.
- Experience with satellite transmission
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.