IT – UI/UX Application Developer Intern
Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1822
UI/UX Application Developer Intern (IT/Engineering)
Boulder or Denver, Colorado
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The intern should be self-motivated with strong attention to detail as they will be working on the Tranzact code base everyday by helping to resolve minor development tasks and assist with piloting QA & testing workflow. Tranzact is a portal that guides Zayo customers through product selection and service order in, enabling Zayo customers to obtain competitive real-time price quotes, place orders, view service inventory and view pending transactions for Zayo’s suite of products including Ethernet, IP, Wavelengths, Dark Fiber and Private Line services. A strong interest in development and the ability to troubleshoot are essential.
- Performing code cleanup
- Assisting with QA testing
- Assisting with initial minor development task resolution
- Building tests where there are gaps in our user management code
- Writing new code
- Undergrad preferred
- Strong interest in development
- Understanding of object oriented principles Experience with UI/Ux and front-end web development a plus
- Must be a self-motivator with a strong work-ethic
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and prioritize
- Gain a strong foundation in software development workflow and coding best practices
- Strengthen teamwork & collaboration abilities
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.