Transport ISP Engineer
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Engineering
Job Number: BD-1002
Transport ISP Engineer
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: CTO of Transport Segment
This position is responsible for coordinating, implementing and managing inside plant construction activities using typically standard configurations to support network and customer opto-electronic equipment and other telecommunication services within Zayo POP facilities and 3rd party colocation sites throughout Zayo’s Rocky Mountain network. Duties will include but not limited to developing and evaluating solutions and alternatives for pre-sales support, estimating and developing cost effective infrastructure plans for capacity requirements and establishing project timelines. This person will coordinate and implement approved infrastructure plans for network and customer orders, working with contractors and cross-functionally with Zayo resources in Field Engineering, Fiber Engineering and Outside Plant personnel, along with Project Managers, Facility circuit designers and Pre-Sales Support. Will be responsible for managing an RFP process for all contractor work being performed. Will also manage material purchasing for all projects and validating on-going expenses. This person will serve as central point of contact within Zayo’s Rocky Mountain network region for responding to inside plant activities and any related problem-solving. Will need to maintain projects within budget scope and prepare weekly reports detailing status of projects with respective teams and management. This position will require 10-20% travel.
- Demonstrated experience in Inside Plant construction.
- Proficient in project management of tight timelines and schedules.
- Exceptional attention to detail and multitasking abilities are a must.
- Proven experience with DC Power Plant systems, fiber connectivity and cabling.
- Familiarity of telecommunications transport equipment.
- Familiarity of Outside Plant Construction
- Ability to communicate technical topics clearly and effectively with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD and Google Docs.
- Knowledge of SalesForce, GE SmallWorld, Metasolv is a plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage effectively multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 5 years equivalent work experience in Central Office Installation – Telecommunications industry.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.