Director, Optical Tier III
Location: Denver or Westminster,CO     Department: Engineering
Job Number: MR-1064
Director, Optical Tier III
Location: Denver or Westminster, CO
Reports To: VP, Network Management
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Director of Tier III provides direction, leadership, and supervision of both Tier III engineers performing infrastructure builds enabling delivery of services and TAC Tier III engineers providing high level support for the NCC.
- Develop, mentor, and train the NCC staff through programs maintained and created by Tier III.
- Seek to improve processes and procedures with the goal of delivering the highest level of service to our customers.
- Develop, document, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for the day-to-day operations with NCC management’s guidance.
- Promote a strong culture committed to service quality through the successful execution of repeatable, well-designed processes.
- Communicate policy and procedural changes to the Tier III staff.
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements and communicate them to the executive levels.
- Oversee and manage special projects as needed.
- Maintain center objectives as assigned by NCC management team.
- Ensure continual process improvement within the NCC, including but not limited to, automation of NCC tasks and reporting, initiatives, and routine administrative tasks.
- Maintain communication with our executive teams in regards to outage conditions or escalations in regards to infrastructure builds affecting delivery of services
- Develop and drive improvements to processes and procedures utilizing root cause analysis.
- Identify and interview candidate(s) for the NCC team, when needed.
- Ensure that Tier III engineers are working network and customer outages, and executing build plans as efficiently and effectively as possible to meet customer expectations.
- Assist with administering performance reviews.
- The Tier III Director is required to be available for escalations during off hours (such as weekends and/or evenings).
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with accounting software, contact management systems (Salesforce) and Microsoft Office.
- Analytical thinking, ability to problem solve.
- Ability to manage and coordinate projects.
- Ability to review fiber network drawings and determine area of damage based on Optical Time Domain Reflectometer traces.
- Understands fiber and cable characteristics.
- Familiar with fiber optic and cable installation and maintenance handling.
- Must possess the ability to manage customer situations. Ability to respond in a professional manner to customer complaints and issues.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in written communication.
- Must have experience as a team leader or supervisor.
- Extensive knowledge of the following Transmission and TCP/IP standard telecommunication practices and technologies:
- Ethernet and IP Networking
- BGP, OSPF, RIP, MPLS, VPLS, ELAN, ELINE Spanning Tree Protocols
- Cisco and Juniper Operating Systems
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.