Technical Support Representative
Location: Westminster,CO     Department: Engineering, IT, Operations
Job Number: MR-1201
Technical Support Representative
Reports To: National Technical Support Desk Supervisor
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Responsible for providing superior customer service in support of our current and next-generation hosting products and will be expected to provide high quality support for Zayo customers.
- Answering customer phone calls and emails from clients requesting technical assistance.
- Monitoring and responding to tickets, monitoring alerts, and general inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues in a fast-paced data center environment.
- Working within a team of Service Desk Technicians to effectively and efficiently resolve customer issues.
- Communicating with shift replacement personnel on any and all outstanding and escalated issues.
- Detailed documentation of the technical troubleshooting and issue resolution within the Salesforce ticketing system.
- As a trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships – with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
- Resolves operational issues with customers with strict adherence to the company’s Service Level Objectives.
- Maintains the technical/physical integrity of customer solutions.
- Work with management to establish or revise procedures and processes as necessary.
- Maintains an effective working relationship across internal departments by recognizing their functional objectives and keeping all lines of communication open.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all products, processes and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation.
- This position requires shift work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline a plus
- Preference given for those with technical certification(s)
- Current CCNA a plus
- Extensive knowledge of the web hosting industry and data center, web hosting services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and Quality Assurance skills.
- Certifications such as Cisco, Linux and Microsoft.
- Strong networking knowledge.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP (v4, v6), WAN/LAN topologies and protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to grasp new technical information quickly.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in an intense environment.
- Must be able to work closely/effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated customer service and team interaction skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and results driven
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.