Technical Account Manager
Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Project Manager, Sales
Job Number: LH-1154
Technical Account Manager
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: Client Project Manager
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Technical Account Manager provides a world-class client experience by offering post-sales technical and professional services support anticipating and resolving client issues in a manner that exceeds client expectations. The Technical Account Manager will serve as strategic advisor to clients and provide product functionality, technology, cross process guidance and implementation expertise by delivering a combination of technical consulting and project management skills in order to retain and support revenue growth.
- Provide consultative assistance during the sales process for existing clients to meet a defined percentage growth goal for each account helping to develop cost effective, operationally supportable solutions that meet complex client requirements and SLAs.
- Utilize project management skills to manage solution/event coordination and on-time delivery through all phases of the solution life cycle – coordinating with the client, sales, operations, engineering, and technical support personnel.
- Collaborate with engineering and technical support personnel as needed to meet client needs, serving as an escalation point both during and outside of regular business hours.
- Planning for maintenance activities, and maintaining involvement in any change control reviews expected to impact client.
- Coordinating communication during any events that are service impacting to the client.
- Maintain deep technical knowledge of multiple technologies within a client’s environment. This may include network, security, multiple operating systems administration, storage management and backup services.
- Plan, document and identify risks and challenges for both production and non-production changes that span multiple services, technologies and teams.
- Develop and deliver client presentations that outline environment capacities, support status, configuration details and suggested courses of action. Attend weekly/quarterly client meetings to address technical and support topics. Utilize the meetings with client as an opportunity to create an understanding by the client’s business and operational growth plans, as well as broaden the internal teams view of the client’s needs.
- Provide clear technical documentation and written procedures to ensure other members of the Technical Support team can assist in monitoring, troubleshooting and making changes to the enterprise client’s environments.
- Conduct documentation and solution audits to ensure all requirements are in place.
- Build and maintain relationships with key client’s technical staff members and internal stakeholders from sales, engineering, operations, product management, technical support and management.
- Provide product oversight and technical consulting to clients to maintain steady growth and health of solution.
- May require up to 10-20% of travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer Science/Engineering BA degree or equivalent work / industry experience.
- 5+ years client service/ technical account management experience preferred
- 2 + years project manager experience preferred in a hosting environment
- Technology industry certification(s) such as MCITP, CCNA, RHCE, VCP, ITIL, PMP, etc.
- Strong personal drive for ensuring client success with a proactive focus.
- Strong background in a dynamic, problem solving, client service environment.
- Flexibility, integrity and creative analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects under tight deadlines with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both team and executive level management.
- Must be capable of dealing confidently and professionally at the executive level with Clients.
- Experience must include knowledge of Linux and/or Microsoft commands/utilities, Virtualization, storage administration, firewalls and networking, backup technologies, security and general hosting/networking services.
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Microsoft Operating Systems including but not limited to Apache or IIS, FTP, telnet, ssh, SMTP, POP, IMAP.
- Familiarity with most basic system administration tools and processes.
- Working knowledge of common TCP/IP protocols such as telnet, ssh, ftp, smtp.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems for common TCP/IP protocols such as telnet, SSH, FTP, SMPT
- Possess strong interpersonal client service and communications skills (written and oral) are required, for both internal and client facing matters.
- Ability to maturely lead and direct technical staff through crisis and escalated situations.
- Be adaptable, able and willing to learn new technologies.
- Working knowledge of project management and strong time management skills are required.
- A deep understanding of project management, technology, workflow, 3rd party integration and other components in an enterprise environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.