Location: Denver, CO or Irvine, CA or Chicago, IL or Ashburn, VA or Dallas, TX,     Department: Engineering, IT
Job Number: LH-1318
Denver, CO or Irvine, CA or Chicago, IL or Ashburn, VA or Dallas, TX
Reports To: Director, Systems Engineering
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Systems Engineer will assist in the deployment and support of solutions developed for Zayo’s Cloud Service offerings.
- Develop and maintain image distribution for Zayo Cloud standard OS builds.
- Able to articulate and share area of expertise to customers.
- Work as a member of the systems engineering team providing installation, configuration and Level 3 support for Zayo’s managed hosting and cloud services.
- Assist with design of complex customer environments.
- Document technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects.
- Research new products and assist with design and implementation of products in support of the managed hosting and cloud platforms.
- Develop and conduct training for Tier II and systems engineers to further develop the expertise of the staff.
- Required to be a part of an on-call rotation, and will occasionally be responsible for after-hours maintenance work.
- 5+ years Linux/Unix installation/configuration/troubleshooting experience.
- 5+ years of experience with one or more hypervisor technologies such as VMware, Windows Hyper-V or XenServer.
- 5+ years Microsoft Windows installation/configuration/troubleshooting experience including MS SQL and MS Clustering.
- 5+ years with Microsoft Active Directory or other LDAP implementation.
- 5+ years of experience with one or more SAN and NAS technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with Linux or other Unix based operating systems.
- Knowledge of full breadth of Microsoft products.
- Knowledge and experience with VMWare 4.x,5.x, 6.x and higher including clustering and HA.
- Understanding of Microsoft suite of products including Windows Server 2008/2012, SQL Server 2008/2012 and Active Directory installation and support.
- Familiar with Windows & Linux scripting technologies.
- Understanding of IIS and associated troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with building a clustered system either in Windows or Linux.
- Microsoft SQL experience a plus.
- Exhibit strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Advanced server hardware and OS troubleshooting skills.
- Solid understanding of networking technologies.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately.
- Trustworthy with ability to lead; work honestly with little or no supervision.
- Must be willing to engage with customer directly via phone, email & ticket on high impact tier 3 support & break/fix requests.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.