Systems Administrator (BMS/Security)
Location: Denver,CO     Department: IT
Job Number: MR-1074
Systems Administrator (BMS/Security)
Reports To: Sr. Director of Engineering
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The BMS/Security Administrator maintains and contributes to the growth of zColo’s national Building Management System and physical security systems. The BMS/Security Administrator is expected to handle trouble tickets from inception through resolution. Several resources and tools are available to help the administrator do his/her job effectively. BMS/Security Administrators support several zColo teams including, but not limited to, engineering, operations, construction, and compliance.
Training will be provided on the following systems:
- Tridium Building Management System (BMS)
- CCure 9000
- Support zColo staff on the installation and usage of all applications you support.
- Contribute to the development and growth of all applications by learning about the applications and applying useful features that may not yet be utilized.
- Work with IT teams to support the servers and minimize downtime of applications and user impact
- Work with various network teams to request IPs and switch ports, firewall rules to allow application TCP/UDP ports, and troubleshoot communication issues for all supported applications.
- Work closely with BMS & Security contractors.
- Work with Engineering, Construction, and SBC teams on projects to support the building of scopes of work, commissioning, and programming.
- Maintain user access and accounts for all supported systems.
- Perform regular server and application health checks including backups and CPU/Memory/HD capacity.
- Responsible for ensuring all tickets/cases are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Create training documentation for all supported systems.
- Maintain working knowledge of all applications and processes.
- Develop Method Of Procedure (MOPs) for activities that may result in the downtime of an application that are consistent with company compliance requirements.
- Submit and present MOPs according to the Change Control process.
- Adherence to zColo security and compliance standards
- Travel to various sites to survey sites for building accurate Scopes Of Work and supporting the commissioning of supported systems.
- Audit alarms for accuracy and remove stale/inactive alarms from the alarm console.
- Audit data points to ensure trending is enabled where needed and are still active.
- Responsible for creating, managing, and reporting metered power billing calculations. Also includes the maintenance of the metered power billing BMS page the Operations staff interfaces with.
- Create new monitored devices not included in construction projects.
- Update graphics to the latest zColo standards.
- Work with the compliance team to ensure security systems meet the required standards.
- Manage user privileges for zColo employees.
- Create and edit clearance levels at Data C Must follow compliance requirements.
- Maintain badge profiles and remove persons no longer working for or a customer of Zayo.
- Maintain security camera system settings to follow compliance requirements.
- Trustworthy and ability to work honestly with little or no supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately.
- Ability to assess situations and escalate properly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multitasking
- Knowledge of Windows OS at end user and server sides.
- Functional knowledge of HVAC, Electrical, BMS, and security systems.
- Available to be on-call.
- Basic networking knowledge including routing and firewall principles are a plus.
- Basic programming logic knowledge is a plus.
- Must be able and willing to travel when needed.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma required
- Previous NOC/SOC/IOC experience and/or data center experience preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience or demonstrated ability to meet these responsibilities/qualifications.
This position requires the applicant to be able to work a flexible schedule which will involve occasional support outside of normal business hours. The ability to sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer is required. Work is occasionally done in an area where normal office noise or construction noise is present. Dirt and dust may be present. Work is occasionally conducted in an outside environment such as a dock, roof, and equipment enclosures. Duties may involve working outdoors for short periods of time.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.