Sr. Product Manager
Location: Vancouver, WA,     Department: Product
Job Number: BC1226
Position: Sr. Product Manager
Vancouver, WA or Markham, ON
Reports To: Vice President, Data Product Group
Company Description – Allstream
Allstream is a telecommunications leader working exclusively with business customers throughout the United States and Canada. Allstream’s communications technologies and services include a range of innovative highly-scalable IP, Cloud and Data solutions that help organizations communicate and collaborate more efficiently and profitably. The company is fueled by the knowledge, skills and spirit of its employees who work with customers to determine their business needs and contribute to their success. For more information, visit: www.allstream.com.
Accountable to develop and manage the data product portfolio within Allstream Business Inc.
Responsibilities include setting and executing on product strategy, ensuring cross-functional initiative
prioritization, achievement of revenue and contribution margin objectives, and delivery on the Allstream
Formulating product and marketing strategies:
- Establish a vision for the data product portfolio and create a path for the future.
- Align the strategies of the product with those of the organization.
- Be the General Manager for a portfolio of products, representing all aspects of its operation, performance, growth and contribution to corporate business objectives,
- Responsible for Profit and Loss of product line.
Leading and Influencing:
- Assess, analyze and understand the competitive industry and market for data products, services and the needs of customers and prospects.
- Raise the visibility of Allstream data services in the US Market place through frequent interaction with
sales teams and customers.
- Be the thought-leader for the organization through delivery of industry / business educational sessions, relevant to the portfolio.
- Sponsor and lead cross-functional teams for the development and implementation of all new data product and lifecycle initiatives.
- Ensure projects and initiatives are delivered on-time, and on-budget
- Develop backend processes for provisioning, implementation and billing
- Set data portfolio direction and strategy, including new initiatives and product retirements
- Align product strategies to maximize corporate capital performance
- Pricing decisions and policy, bid / no-bid decisions on customer opportunities
- Establish competitive and profitable pricing
- Support and refinement of pricing structures to ensure a simple, effective and accurate view of current market requirements.
Product Lifecycle Management:
- Manage the evolution of existing data products and services
- Product training and execution of product launch activities
- Work with extended teams to bring new services to market.
- Create and maintain product support documentation including, customer/sales presentations, service over views, process and training material
Specific Functional/Technical Knowledge And Skills
- Understanding of LAN, WAN, and Wireless technologies including virtualization techniques.
- Experience in the following areas: Internet services, VPN Services, Next-gen Voice services, Unified Communications, Hosting/Cloud Services
- Knowledge of Mitel, Cisco and Panasonic communication platforms is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies and cloud deployment drivers.
- A team player comfortable working in a highly collaborative, deadline driven, team-oriented organization.
- Superior verbal, presentation and written communications skills, and strong leadership qualities
- Knowledge of strategic planning process, annual business planning and budgeting is considered an asset
- Knowledge of project management techniques and skills is considered an asset
- Comfortable with business communication technologies and trends
- Financial analysis skills are required to create business cases, P&L, and forecasting in support of portfolio
- Knowledge of Allstream’s Network and UC products and services would be an asset
- Expert knowledge of Mid-market and Enterprise market segment requirements
- Confident and clear communication skills, when addressing internal and external stakeholders
- Must be a self-starter, goal-oriented, and able to work with a high-degree of autonomy.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Proficiency in desktop and cloud-based business applications and tools.
- Knowledge of SMB market segment and drivers
Education & Certification
- Minimum of 5-7 years in technical sales or marketing of data products and services with 3 years in Product Management.
- University degree in Engineering, BSc or BA (Marketing or Business)
- MBA desirable.
- Experience in Telecommunications or related High-Tech companies.
- Proven background in product management and business/economic planning within a telecommunications environment.
- Strong knowledge of data networking technologies/platforms and related solutions
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.