Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Accounting, Finance
Job Number: LH-1203
Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting
Reports To: Sr. Director, Corporate Accounting, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting will be responsible for managing the SEC reporting process. They will oversee and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of SEC filings. Additionally, they will be responsible for preparing the cash flow statement, assisting with complex accounting projects, such as valuation and accounting for business combinations, and certain research and documentation of complex accounting matters. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Corporate Accounting, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting, and will interact closely with the Accounting Department, Investor Relations, Finance and Tax.
- Prepare and/or review the Company’s SEC filings on Form 10K, 10Q, 8K and other external earnings materials, including detail review of the tie out of the filings to support.
- Oversee and review the XBRL tagging for the Company’s 10-K and 10-Q filings utilizing outside software vendors and consultants.
- Preparation of consolidated cash flow statement, segment cash flow statements and earnings per share calculations.
- Assist in complex accounting projects, including valuation and accounting for business combinations and accounting for debt and equity instruments, stock-based compensation, and other non-routine accounting entries or analysis.
- Assist with management of the external quarterly review and annual audit process, including preparation of various audit support requests and coordination of obtaining support requests from the segment controllers and accou
- Assist with registration statements and offerings for debt or equity offerings as needed.
- Creation and review of financial reporting schedules.
- Assist in researching and documenting complex technical accounting issues and SEC reporting requirements.
- Review month-end management reporting schedules and variance analyses.
- Subject matter expert on financial reporting account and hierarchy structure within Oracle and Prophix.
- Assist in initiating, implementing and executing process improvements and controls, including application of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, in the areas of financial reporting.
- Manage, train, provide coaching and feedback to direct report.
- Participate in other projects as required.
- Bachelors’ and/or Masters’ degree in Accounting, CPA required.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of public accounting experience or combination public accounting and industry experience with SEC reporting experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting and filing requirements.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry a plus.
- Advanced technical accounting skills and ability to research various accounting issues.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Prophix, Merrill Bridge, or Salesforce, a plus.
- Advanced system skills including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and highly effective planning, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to work effectively across the Company’s various business units and locations.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and exercise judgment in fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to effectively set priorities, manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and produce quality work while dealing with interruptions.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.