Sr Income Tax Analyst
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Accounting, Finance
Job Number: LH-1168
Sr Income Tax Analyst
Reports To: Director, Income Tax
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Sr Income Tax Analyst will assist the Zayo Group of companies to be legally compliant in all income taxing jurisdictions as well as assist with the tax provision reporting in the quarterly SEC filing.
- Assist with preparation of global tax provision and associated 10-K/10Q footnotes.
- Prepare income tax work papers necessary for U.S. Federal/U.S. State/foreign income tax compliance, quarterly estimates, and extensions.
- Calculate state apportionment.
- Calculate tax depreciation.
- Gather data for support and respond to various taxing authority notices and audits.
- Perform tax research and analysis as required to ensure the company is in compliance with statutory and legal requirements.
- Assist with special projects such as tax planning, accounting methods, and due diligence efforts on M&A activities.
- Other duties as they arise.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in income taxation with accounting firm or large corporation.
- Knowledge/experience with income tax provisions under ASC740.
- Proficient in Excel and other data manipulation programs. Experience with OneSource Tax Provision / Corptax / Sage FAS a plus.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills are required.
- Candidates must possess excellent analytical, judgment, and decision making skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- High-energy individual with strong work ethic.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.