(Sr.) Director, Business Development – East
Location: New York, NY or Ashburn, VA,     Department: Sales
Job Number: LH-1295
(Sr.) Director, Business Development – East Region
New York, NY or Ashburn, VA
*Note, this role will be office based when not visiting customers*
Reports To: VP, Fiber Solutions – East Region
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The (Sr. ) Director, Business Development will support the East region of Fiber Solutions and support a group of Business Development Managers supporting the same geographic area. This role is tasked with developing, implementing, and managing to strategic initiatives within their defined geographical region that increase/drive revenue growth as well as reduce or mitigate revenue erosion or loss (churn):
Penetration in Key Accounts: Responsible for engaging executives in strategic accounts to ensure they clearly understand our fiber footprint, strategy, product road map, and unique value proposition. Key to success is understanding customers’ mid and longer term requirements and to embed Zayo solutions into their planning process.
Success requires close coordination with the account team (sometimes leading, sometimes in a support role) and is specifically measured by the increase in funnel quarter over quarter and most important, closed Zayo business with these targeted accounts.
Sales Enablement: Enable and drive sales team engagement in sales through education, targeting support, executive level presentations etc. in supporting the field sales organization attaining their sales targets.
Complex Deal and RFP Support: Assists sales with providing presentations, developing proposals and negotiating contracts with larger and more complex deals, as well as responding to (vetted) RFPs. Provide insight on competitive landscape and pricing strategies and ensures accurate funnel reporting in Salesforce.
Existing Base Revenue Retention: Work with product and sales to actively renew and mitigate churn.
Strategic Partnerships/Acquisitions: Identify potential opportunities to partner with prospects and existing customers on new builds, purchases, lease backs and other unique partnerships.
- Run initial sales calls/deal scoping (in conjunction with product) and alignment of product with customer business needs.
- Manage and mentor team of Business Development Managers that support the East region.
- Own outcomes – drive, report on, and close sales with existing customers and new business prospects.
- Ensure pricing and proposals are delivered to sales in a timely manner and to a professional level of quality.
- Report trends, pricing, and other market factors and conditions to product management.
- Strongly represent Zayo’s Fiber Solutions product offerings within the ecosystem of the defined geography.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or Economics.
- Minimum 5 years sales management experience or 10 years for direct sales or business development experience in telecommunications or related industries.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process.
- Proficiency in the MS Office with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Also Google Suite of enterprise productivity tools and working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Demonstrated proficiency and success in account management role selling to all size customers and verticals.
- Strong business acumen and financial analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to resolve customer issues or seek proper internal resources to facilitate resolution.
- Ability to multi-task, facilitate customer service, quarterback resources and solve problems.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.