Sr. Accountant – Corporate Accounting
Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Accounting
Job Number: LH-1318
Sr. Accountant, Corporate Accounting
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Corporate Accounting & Consolidations
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Sr. Accountant of Corporate Accounting ensures the accuracy and timely completion of certain corporate accounting function. This position will report to the Sr. Manager of Corporate Accounting & Consolidations and will interact closely with various departments across the Company including, but not limited to, the compensation and benefits group, finance, accounting and other corporate departments.
- Timely and accurate completion of the accounting for various functions including, but not limited to, compensation and benefits and corporate cost centers.
- Assist with compilation of the files used in the revenue and accounts receivable reserves process.
- Completion of various account reconciliations.
- Preparation of account and variance analysis.
- Assist with completion and submission of governmental agency reporting.
- Preparation of various audit schedules and gathering of audit support.
- Subject matter expert on account and hierarchy structure within Oracle and Prophix.
- Assist in initiating, implementing and executing process improvements and controls.
- Support the Sr. Manager and Director on projects, process improvements and workflow documentation as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience.
- Prior experience as a Sr. Accountant with compensation and benefit accounting preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP).
- Telecom industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Prophix or Salesforce, a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and highly effective planning, organizational, time management, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to work effectively across the Company’s various business units and locations.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and exercise judgment in fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to effectively set priorities, manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and produce quality work while dealing with interruptions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.