Location: New York City, NY and Los Angeles or San Francisco, CA,     Department: Engineering
Job Number: LH-1164
New York City & Los Angeles or San Francisco (2 available positions)
Reports To: Manager, Solutions Architect
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for actively driving and developing technical colocation and interconnection solutions during the pre-sales phase of the sales cycle. As part of the Business Development team, this individual will work closely with sales teams to develop new business and maintain existing customer relationships. This includes acting as a subject matter expert in all zColo product /service offerings, data gathering with a consultative presales approach in colocation designs and tethering solutions, Provides technical support in sales presentations & customer meetings, including leading technical data center tours. Ability to work independently and adapt in rapidly changing environment with minimal management guidance a plus. Outstanding interpersonal & relationship building skills – professionally communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- The Solutions Architect will be a subject matter expert related to the infrastructure, nuances and challenges associated with Data Center services.
- Responsible for actively driving and developing technical colocation and interconnection solutions during the pre-sales phase of the sales cycle.
- Coaching and technical sales support to the zColo Business Development Directors & Zayo Account Executives in the sale of zColo products and services to Enterprise, Carrier, Medical Institution, & Government customers to help ensure sales goals and objectives are achieved
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – professionally communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Analyze customer space & power requirements to understand how zColo products and services can be applied to meet their needs and solve their problems.
- Provide customers with solutions that meet their business applications, disaster recovery applications, appropriate feedback for future growth.
- Translate complex technical requirements into information that customers can understand and respond to.
- Ensure completion of all presales paperwork, processes and systems in support of customer colocation solutions.
- Actively provide input on improving sales cycle & process intervals
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years’ experience in technical sales engineering / support role(s) within the Data Center & Telecommunications industry (ideally Data Center Provider, ISP, CLEC, ILEC, VAR, or MSO)
- Experience developing and/or delivering technical training programs.
- Expert-level technical skills with Data Center Power & cooling infrastructure a plus.
- Strong technical presentation skills (development and delivery).
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts to laypersons in simple, understandable terms.
- Consistent focus on results and goal achievement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point, Visio & Sales Force
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Previous NOC/SOC/IOC experience and/or data center experience preferred.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Network design, MAN technologies and designs (including DS-x, OC-x, WDM, and Ethernet)
- High-level understanding of Fiber Optic network design and implementation
- Internet technologies, functionality, and services
- Familiarity with CPE (voice and data)
- Travel as and when required
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.