Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Engineering
Job Number: LH-1179
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: Manager, Software Development
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This position is part of the team responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the company’s OSS Systems. As part of the application development team, this position will participate in scope discussions, architecture and platform assessments and technology selection as well as maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Analyze requirements to provide initial software design and provide accurate development estimates.
- Contribute to final design the overall architecture of the software solutions including best practice recommendation.
- Coding responsibilities in multiple languages, including Perl, Ruby and Linux shell scripts.
- Perform thorough unit, system, and integration testing and participate in peer code reviews.
- Contribute to end user training materials.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in full software development lifecycle, from requirements capture through post-deployment support.
- Minimum 3 years back end web development
- Expert knowledge of PERL.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails development.
- Expertise in SQL, experience in MySQL preferred.
- Adobe Flex experience a plus.
- Salesforce development experience a plus.
- Experience designing in a Linux Environment.
- Experience architecting and supporting operational support systems including monitoring platforms, CMDB creation/maintenance and portals.
- Must possess excellent debugging skills.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new technologies, languages and platforms independently.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Able to establish strong working relationships with team members and customers.
- Other technology experience desired to include (but not limited to):
- Knowledge and use of Hyper-V or VMWare
- Testing Strategies
- Linux/Windows sysadmin skills
- Apache configuration
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.