Finance – Financial Reporting Intern
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1812
Financial Reporting Intern (Accounting/Finance)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The intern will be supporting the finance team with accomplishing objectives during Zayo’s annual reporting period. As this is the busiest time of year for the finance department, exceptional organizational skills, analytical thinking abilities, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working both autonomously and with peers are essential elements to this role.
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the GL system
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Verify information included in external investor reports
- Assist with year-end audit inquiries and managing audit files
- Obtain and organize accounting schedules for preparing and supporting the Form 10-K.
- Undergrad in accounting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Motivated to learn; student mentality
- Ability to prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Employ critical thinking skills to analyze financial data
- Gain an understanding of the audit process and current standards and practices
- Develop competencies in working with a team to meet strict deadlines
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.