Service Activations Technician
Location: Vancouver,WA     Department: Business Ops, Operations
Job Number: AL0070
Allstream business segment of Zayo Group, which delivers voice and data services to over 70,000 small and medium businesses is hiring a Service Activations Technician.
The Service Activations Technician II is responsible for successfully provisioning, testing & installing Allstream voice and data services to Allstream clients.
(These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Works with project management, voice and data vendors, and field service personnel to activate new services.
- Ensures timely response to client service and service installation needs.
- Processes new activations, disconnects and migrations of client services.
- Performs remote acceptance testing of loops delivered from vendors that Allstream orders service from.
- Coordinates remote testing activities with field operations, vendors, business partners, and clients.
- Documents all work performed in a comprehensive ticketing system.
- Engages internal departments to identify process, system and implementation issues to establish common understanding and encourage solutions.
- Provides technical assistance and support to other Service Delivery teams during and occasionally outside business hours.
- Tests new circuits and coordinates repair activity with the LEC.
- Achieves and maintains on-going technical and product proficiency.
- Adheres to and recommends enhancements to standards, policies, and procedures to maintain support capabilities and team morale.
- Meets or exceeds stated quality, throughput, and customer satisfaction metrics and goals.
- Provides off-hour, on-call, and weekend coverage as required.
- Performs other related duties or projects as assigned.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Works under minimal supervision in day-to-day operations, both individually and within a team environment. No supervisory responsibility. Performs work in a semi-structured environment. Position performs multiple tasks within a changing environment. Extensive internal contact with all levels of employees across multiple functions; extensive external contact with customers and vendors.
(These requirements must be able to be completed with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Associate technical degree in related field or equivalent of 3 years of work experience in a related discipline.
- Voice, data and transport knowledge required.
- Proficient in DSO, DSL, LMP and CPE configurations.
- Experience with hosted and cloud based applications and services preferred.
- Experience in deploying and troubleshooting networks preferred
- Demonstrated professional customer-facing communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work to meet established deadlines and accommodate rapidly changing priorities.
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act)
Requires the ability to interact with others, interpret spoken messages and utilize reason to resolve complex problems. Requires constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking, frequent standing and walking, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on uneven surfaces, squeezing and crouching. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-10 pounds. Close detail work requiring visual acuity. Must be able to perform primarily sedentary work. Work is primarily indoors.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Zayo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.