Retirement Plan Administrator
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Accounting, Human Resources
Job Number: LH-1242
Retirement Plan Administrator
Reports To: Director, Global Payroll
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Responsible for the administration and accounting of Zayo’s qualified retirement plan (401k)
- Administer the plan:
- Manage day to day administration of plan; employee inquiries.
- Ensure all plan documentation and amendments are maintained and provided to employees as required.
- Recommend plan administrative changes and amendments to the Retirement Committee.
- Document and inform the committee of plan material items as appropriate.
- Manage Record-keeper to ensure compliance with the plan’s administration requirements.
- Manage 401k vendors and advisors.
- Responds to request from external auditors related to all applicable programs.
- ERISA Reporting & Compliance – work with 401k plan vendors to ensure the following:
- 5500 and Financial Statement filing.
- Annual audit and manage audits data in payroll system (Workday) with the third-party record keeper to ensure accuracy of 401k deferral rates and company match contributions.
- Annual ADP testing.
- Facilitate EPCRS adjustments and corrections as needed.
- Other compliance requirements as needed.
- Work with internal teams (HR and Benefits and Accounting) to ensure that employee communications, training and accounting requirements are accurate and updated.
- Some travel may be required.
- May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week on short notice including evening and weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years relevant experience
- Familiarity with ERISA
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Understanding of rules and regulations associated stock plans, deferred compensation, employee stock purchase programs and qualified retirement plans
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel; Workday preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High-paced and emotionally demanding environment due to high expectations, quick response times, sensitivity of issues and fluctuating volume
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.