Senior Director, Business Development
Location: San Francisco Bay Area,CA     Department: Sales
Job Number: LH-1152
Senior Director, Business Development
Bay Area, CA
Reports To: Sr. Director, Business Development
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Senior Director, Business Development (SDBD) at zColo is tasked with developing, implementing, and managing to strategic initiatives within their defined geographical region that increase/drive colocation revenue growth as well as reduce or mitigate revenue erosion or loss (churn):
zColo Penetration in Key Accounts -The SDBD has responsibility, within their geography, for engaging executives in strategic accounts to ensure they clearly understand our data center footprint, strategy, product roadmap, and unique value proposition. Key to success is understanding customers’ mid and longer term data center strategy and requirements and to embed zColo solutions into their planning process.
Success requires close coordination with the account team (sometimes leading, sometimes in a support role) and is specifically measured by the increase in funnel quarter over quarter and most important, closed zColo business with these targeted accounts.
Sales Enablement – The SDBD enables and drives sales team engagement in colocation sales through education, targeting support, executive level presentations etc. in supporting the field sales organization attaining their sales targets.
Complex Deal and RFP Support – The SDBD assists sales with providing presentations, developing proposals and negotiating contracts with larger and more complex deals, as well as responding to (vetted) RFPs. The SDBD provides insight on competitive landscape and pricing strategies and ensures accurate funnel reporting in SFDC.
Existing Base Revenue Retention – The SDBD is charged with working with product and sales to actively renew and mitigate churn.
Strategic Partnerships/Acquisitions – The SDBDs identify potential opportunities to partner with prospects and existing customers on new builds, purchases, lease backs and other unique partnerships.
- Run Initial sales calls/deal scoping (in conjunction with product) and alignment of product with customer business needs
- Own outcomes – drive, report on and close sales with existing customers and new business prospects
- Ensure pricing and proposals are delivered to sales in a timely manner and to a professional level of quality
- Report trends, pricing and other market factors and conditions to product management
- Strongly represent zColo within the data center ecosystem of the SDBD’s defined geography
- Segment Expertise: Minimum 5 years colocation sales experience including working knowledge of business customer applications in data center, the hardware compute/storage stack, and telecommunications network technology. Also, expert understanding of the colocation and data center business
- Education: Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, finance, or economics
- Effective Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process
- Application Proficiency: Proficiency in the MS Office with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Also Google suite of enterprise productivity tools and working knowledge of Salesforce.com platform.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency and success in account management role selling to all size customers and verticals
- Strong business acumen and financial analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving – the ability to resolve customer issues or seek proper internal resources to facilitate resolution
- Ability to multi-task, facilitate customer service, quarterback resources and solve problems
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.