Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Legal
Job Number: LH-1130
Reports To: General Counsel
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This position will be Regional Counsel for one of the regions within the Dark Fiber business segment. This position will also have opportunities to work with the General Counsel and other senior attorneys on a variety of legal matters including litigation, human resources, real estate, network development, M&A and corporate governance. We are seeking an exceptionally strong mid-level candidate that is ready for additional responsibility, accelerated learning and career growth.
- Report directly to the lead of the Region with overall responsibility for providing any type of legal support required within the Region.
- Review, negotiate and/or draft customer contracts, vendor contracts, real estate contracts, RFPs, and associated service order terms and conditions.
- Provide contract interpretation guidance and negotiate and resolve customer disputes and collection matters.
- Conduct research regarding legal issues affecting the telecom business generally and regarding specific legal and/or regulatory issues arising with the Region.
- Communicate effectively with Region leadership, dark fiber business segment leadership, corporate leadership, outside counsel, and other third parties and their counsel.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the business.
- Law Degree and Bar Admission required.
- At least 7 years of experience. Strongly prefer a candidate with significant experience drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills required. Ability to communicate with other personnel and external parties through strong, organized writing and verbal skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Competence in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts
- Strong organizational skills, including management of projects and workload and setting goals and priorities.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.