IT – Quality Assurance & Production Support Intern
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1819
Quality Assurance & Production Support Intern (IT)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Quality Assurance & Production Support (QA/PS) intern is responsible for testing of Tranzact (Quote to Cash/Customer Portal) applications including researching, documentation, reporting, analysis, and identifying processes improvements that ensures an effortless development experience and set or adhere to standards for best practices. In this role, the QA/PS will gain a deep understanding of application process and flows and be able to triage production issues, they will operate as main point of contact between technical and business teams identifying data/code issues and communicating findings and proposed solutions.
Oversee testing of Applications in Pre-Production and Production ensuring code/UI adheres to the below requirements:
- Test software via UI and Scripts; Log and Track defects found during testing
- Assist with integration, regression, and various other testing
- Identify and recommend changes to increase effectiveness and quality of application
- Communicate with Users / Business / Technical teams to address bugs / data integrity
- User Acceptance testing plan created and attached prior to beginning UAT phase of project
- Undergrad preferred
- Knowledge of GITLab
- Development/code background
- Strongly enjoys troubleshooting and documenting
- Ability to identify improvements and implement change
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to communicate well with the IT team and business stakeholders (excellent internal communication skills)
- Understanding of delegation
- Process oriented, problem solver, thought leader
- Ability to provide logical guidance in a fast paced and quickly changing environment
- Insatiable curiosity
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Problem Solver: Driven by intuition and curiosity to resolve and learn the unknown.
- Thoughtful Go Getter: Willingness to fail and learn from it, while not waiting around.
- Collaborator: Open and fulsome communicator who raises their hand as much as they listen.
- Service Orientation: You have no issue making other people’s problems your own.
- Technical Mindset: Loves it, gets it and thinks about how by using it they can improve something, anything, everything.
- Develop an understanding of the Life cycle of Code
- Gain knowledge on production and support
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.