IT – IT Project Manager Intern
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1818
IT Project Manager Intern (Operations/IT)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Project Manager Intern position will coordinate tracking roadmap items, priorities, design, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals to improve customer experience within Tranzact. Tranzact is a portal that guides Zayo customers through product selection and service ordering, enabling Zayo customers to obtain competitive real-time price quotes, place orders, view service inventory and view pending transactions for Zayo’s suite of products including Ethernet, IP, Wavelengths, Dark Fiber and Private Line services. In this role, the project manager will gain a deep understanding of product and functional group business process at an accelerated pace and take responsibility for teaching self and asking thoughtful questions of management.
- Oversee project design, assignment, and prioritization, ensuring every project adheres to the below requirements:
- Drive and facilitate project progress
- Project priority is clearly understood and reflected at all times
- Project justification / scoring includes support via either data analytics or specific use case/customer story (ideally both).
- Process flowcharts are included in design (where applicable)
- Ensures broad endorsement / adoption of all initiatives
- Manage project budgets and resource allocation
- Define development processes in line with effortless / agile / lean methodologies
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Frequently monitor progress and status of projects and report high-level overviews to upper management act as point of escalation with management
- Establish and maintain trusting relationships with point product stakeholders
- Understand team ecosystem, projects, and workload to define appropriate prioritization of tasks
- Identify key technical and business contributors as project leads to drive progress
- Quality assurance / Testing / Training
- Undergrad preferred
- Proficient with MS office, especially PowerPoint and Excel, GITlab, and project management tools
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Able to communicate well with the IT team and business stakeholders (excellent internal communication skills)
- Understanding of delegation
- Process oriented, problem solver, thought leader
- Ability to provide logical guidance in a fast paced and quickly changing environment
- Proven experience as project administrator
- Insatiable curiosity; able to learn new software quickly
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Learn project management across a customer centric organization
- Apply development processes in supporting a large organization with numerous projects
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.