Project Manager – Central Region
Location: Boulder or Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK,     Department: Project Manager
Job Number: LH-1308
Boulder/Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK
Reports To: SVP, Fiber Solutions – Central Region
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
A successful Fiber Solutions Project Manager (FS PM) will be responsible for overall project management of large-scale OSP and ISP projects with emphasis on end-to-end milestone management, budget tracking and reporting, identification and resolution of issues ensuring on time, on budget and on value completion of assigned projects. The FS PM will mainly oversee projects related to Metro Dark Fiber, Long Haul Dark Fiber, Fiber to the Tower or Small Cells. An effective FS PM will work closely with a distributed OSP and ISP organization, track and report real-time updates and have close knowledge of assigned projects. In addition, the role will require expertise in defining, measuring, and reporting on key OSP and ISP project performance metrics with focus on improving visibility into build performance.
Ability to understand OSP and ISP (if required) project dependencies and make decisions based on project management rules is essential. Position requires strong OSP and ISP technical aptitude, strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Personal communication skills are critical, as this role demands constant interaction with customers and internal support teams.
- Overall Project Management
- Develop overall master plan for the project.
- Identify project components, teams involved and inter-relationships between work functions and ensure engagement.
- Provide budget roll-up forecast to Service Activation Lead and Finance team.
- Apply customer priorities to project.
- Critical Path identification and key issue resolution.
- Provide setup and oversight to OSP’s Large Project Tracker, critical to the success of any Large Project.
- Anticipation, mitigation and escalation of project issues as required.
- Documentation Delivery
- Ensure test packages are properly recorded and placed in appropriate repository.
- Ensure an appropriate close out package is built and reviewed prior to delivery to customer.
- Drive appropriate teams to compile, QC and deliver in required timeframe.
- Ensure delivery of all documentation contractually required.
- Project Budget
- Work with OSP to set up and manage budget (and ISP if required).
- Pro-actively manage budget variances.
- Manage budget overruns.
- Notify management of potential overruns.
- Provide analysis of cost overruns.
- Owns notifying finance of incremental costs such as NetOps and NetEx.
- Network Design
- Ensure reroutes are addressed from a budgetary, contractual and timeline perspective.
- Identify any long lead items and address as critical path including permitting, underlying rights and EPA or bio-conservation issues.
- Network Design oversight and divide into addressable or prioritized segments.
- Host and/or support timely status calls with customer to notify of progress & issues.
- Have weekly calls with internal team.
- Weekly status of project to management team.
- Daily calls if required to manage critical path items that could severely jeopardize delivery timeline.
- Communicate to all post installation stakeholders of all service requirements for service via signed MSA or SO, especially if unique in nature, teams may be NCC, OSP, CSM, Sales or Field.
- Engage with sales teams – proactively and reactively – to ensure minimal friction in quoting and ordering Zayo Dark Fiber solutions.
- Verify sales data accuracy and completion, and routinely interact with sales, finance, accounting, and operations in order to improve or update data.
- Define, measure and report on key business performance metrics, and determine data clean-up efforts and/or process enhancements necessary to improve the quality and accuracy of these metrics.
- Project management of various high-priority initiatives with the common objective of improving financial performance and operational efficiency. Project scopes will vary considerably, but may include data cleanup efforts, process/system enhancements, product training, and improvement of hand-off among internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 15 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience.
- Must be conversant/have working knowledge of structured cabling, routing, switching, and IP protocols.
- Must have 10 years familiarity with all types of outside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
- Familiar with OTDR emulation software and ability to analyze fiber optic trace data
- Must be able to manage multiple aggressive RFP and design construction schedules and responses.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, AutoCAD Viewers software.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Familiar with all facets of OSP management, including quoting, construction and delivery.
- Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
- The employee will be required to meet with customers and internal support teams to review project scope and to ensure positive communication is maintained.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.