Location: Overland Park,KS     Department: Project Manager
Job Number: LH-1260
Overland Park, KS
Reports To: VP, Service Delivery
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This role will be responsible for overall project management of 1000+ site network deployments for Tier 1 Telecom companies. Emphasis on end-to-end milestone management, budget tracking and reporting, identification and resolution of issues ensuring on time, on budget and on value completion of assigned projects.
- Develop overall master plan for the project.
- Identify project components, teams involved, and inter-relationships between work functions and ensure engagement.
- Provide budget roll-up forecast to Finance teams.
- Apply customer priorities to project.
- Critical Path identification and key issue resolution.
- Provide setup and oversight to Project Trackers, critical to the success of any large scale project.
- Anticipate, mitigate and escalate project issues as required.
- Host and/or support timely status calls with customer to notify of progress and issues.
- Host weekly calls with internal team as required.
- Minimal travel requirements (less than 10%).
- Bachelors’ Degree required, PMP certification preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, and/or optical transport equipment.
- Must be conversant/have working knowledge of wireless backhaul networks.
- Must have experience managing large capital projects.
- Familiar with email, Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as Google Earth.
- Must be able to manage multiple aggressive project timelines.
- Must be able to understand and read contract documents.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.