Product Manager – Dedicated Internet Access
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Product
Job Number: LH-1300
Reports To: Sr. Product Manager
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This Product Manager role will support the DIA (Dedicated Internet Access) Product Group. The role is responsible for conducting product level analysis, providing direct commercial sales support, and developing overall product positioning and growth strategy. This is a cross functional role with exposure and ownership of many side of the business, including sales, finance, engineering and legal. An effective Product Manager will have a strong analytical aptitude, ability to jump from detailed financial analysis to high-level strategic, excellent communication skills, and a desire to grow a business. We’re looking for a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and is enthusiastic about growing at Zayo.
If lacking in experience – you would start as an analyst with the expectation to grow into Product Management role that would include the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for business analysis and recommendations resulting from such analysis, including forecasting sales and churn, pricing and financial analysis, and providing regular readouts for tracking to forecasts.
- Be the expert in your product realm as well as key evangelist internally and externally.
- Ownership of product definitions, positioning and value proposition development, pricing and guidelines, competitive analysis.
- Responsible for project managing product initiatives across stakeholder organizations.
- Responsible for communicating with customers and across sales and engineering teams to provide the best solutions for customers.
- Proactive and regular interaction with key stakeholders including Sales, Finance, Engineering, and Legal.
- Undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree. Focused area of study in Engineering, Business, Finance or Economics preferred. MBA a plus.
- Commercial product management experience in the telecommunications industry. Prior experience with network development or other network construction/planning is beneficial.
- Experience analyzing data to derive insights to improve the business; experience using finance to determine whether a project is viable (NPV, IRR, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process.
- Proficiency in Google or MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs is required. Knowledge of Salesforce platform is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.