Product Analyst – WANs
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Business Analyst, Product
Job Number: LH-1195
Reports To: Sr. Product Manager
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This Product Analyst Role at Zayo will support the WANs (Wide Area Networks) Product Group. This is the ultimate generalist position; the role is responsible for data analysis, financial modeling, SF.com product support, and primary commercial sales support for the Media, Content and Commerce Vertical. This is a cross functional role with exposure and ownership of many side of the business, including sales, finance, engineering and legal. An effective Product Analyst will have a strong analytical aptitude, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a desire to grow a business. We’re looking for a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and is enthusiastic about growing at Zayo.
- Responsible for business analysis and recommendations resulting from such analysis
- Responsible for developing presentations that summarize business analysis
- Responsible for data integrity in support of business analysis
- Accountable for independently gathering key data and inputs from owners across the organization
- Responsibility for gathering key information on the competitive environment and conducting analysis
- Proactive and regular interaction with key stakeholders including Sales, Finance, Engineering, and Legal
- 0-3 years of product, financial, or technology analyst experience.
Telecommunications industry experience preferred but not required
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, engineering, economics or other degree requiring analytical aptitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process
- Proficiency in Google or MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoints, & Google Docs is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in dynamic situations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.