Engineering – Outside Plant (OSP) Intern
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1838
Outside Plant (OSP) Intern (Operations/Engineering)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The intern will be working on Outside Plant (OSP) FIber to Tower (FTT) large projects. Prior telecom experience is not required, but it is essential for individuals to be interested in project management with a background in engineering or construction. This position is primarily responsible for assisting OSP Project Managers during the busy construction season by assisting with the implementation, execution and communication of projects/orders for customers. This role is usually something past interns have never even considered as a career and a great way to learn about a new career!
- Create Request For Proposal/Pricing (RFP) packages and Close Out Package templates
- Assist with Fiber Termination Panel (FTP) label creation
- Assist with creating Meet Me Point (MMP) documents
- May be asked to drive to sites to take CoP pictures
- Undergrad studying Engineering/Construction preferred
- 2+ years of demonstrated work experience; experience in engineering or construction a plus
- Familiar with Gmail, MS Excel, Word, Google Earth and AutoCad.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
- The employee must possess a valid driver’s license and may be expected to drive to sites as required
- Achieve an understanding of the OSP construction process
- Learn how the OSP project managers perform their duties
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.