Location: Prior Lake, MN,     Department: Engineering
Job Number: BC1220
Prior Lake, MN (Integra Telecom)
Reports To: OSP Engineering & Design Manager
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Integra Telecom, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Zayo, is headquartered in Prior Lake, MN. Integra is the incumbent communications service provider serving the communities of Prior Lake, Savage, Elko New Market, and Webster, MN. Integra provides voice, broadband, and IPTV services throughout its service area. Integra owns, operates, and continues to expand its robust fiber and copper based outside plant network to ensure the highest degree of customer satisfaction is achieved.
The OSP Engineer responsibilities include but are not limited to the design and preparation of engineering plans for the construction of new and replacement fiber and copper outside plant facilities – managing OSP projects from planning, design, through construction.
- Apply engineering and network principles, theories, concepts and technologies to assure that the most feasible, practical and economical means to complete work are utilized.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter and be able to prioritize workload.
- Design work orders for all land developments, new buildings, road moves, preservation, and rehab of facilities.
- Direct, supervise, and inspect the work of OSP construction contractors. This will include permit applications with all governing authorities.
- Maintain positive interaction with internal and external customers, maintain open conversation with Network Operations and all Company departments providing high quality of service to Integra customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in outside plant underground utility construction.
- AutoCAD and/or drafting skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license, with a satisfactory driving record.
- Be able to work outdoors in an underground utility construction environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.