Location: Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK,     Department: Engineering
Job Number: LH-1282
Reports To: Manager, Business Operations
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The OSS Developer will support NCC customer service management related automation, correlation, inventory, ticketing, and triage features and systems. The OSS Developer will work directly with the OSS Sr Developer, Business Analyst, Quality Analyst and NCC to analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate features with the goal of automating value add business processes. Our mission is to provide the Global Network Operations and Product Groups with innovative processes and systems support to drive operational capability, efficiency and scalability to surpass our customer’s expectations at the lowest possible cost.
- Proven ability to independently perform development, testing, implementation, documentation and updating as it relates to OSS automation systems.
- Implement new enhancements including creation of custom objects, workflows, email alerts and templates for both internal and external consumption.
- Full stack development experience with an emphasis on business and database tier development leveraging LAMP, LAPP or MEAN environments.
- Develop integration to other third party solutions (network management systems in particular).
- Support & train new end users on the features developed.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving OSS systems and business functions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from operational and technical perspective. Ability to work independently and engage supervisor as needed.
- Experience documenting and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies. Ability to handle full workload and meet proposed deadlines.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent combination of education and 2+ years’ experience.
- Preferable certification of CCNA.
- Solid understanding of networking protocols: IP Networking, UDP/TCP, subnetting, DNS, SSL, HTTP(S), SSH.
- Solid understanding of network monitoring protocols: SNMP, Syslog, and TL1.
- Exposure to software platforms similar to Resolve, IBM Tivoli Netcool, Salesforce.com, and Heroku.
- Proficient in Agile methodologies.
- Provide after-hours rotational on-call support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective project and time management skills with customer focus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability/willingness to operate in a fast-paced, demanding environment and manage competing priorities.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.