Location: Tulsa,OK     Department: IT
Job Number: MR-1030
Reports To: Manager, Business Operations
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The OSS Administrator is responsible for providing the NCC service management team with support for production legacy AAA, EMS, performance, usage, and configuration backup features and systems. The OSS Administrator interfaces with OSS Sr Developers, IT Support, PGs and NCC to provide support for new platform implementations, general production and Product Groups with innovative process and systems support to drive operational capability, efficiency, quality and scalability to surpass our customer’s expectations at the lowest possible cost.
- Providing application level production support for all EMS, performance, usage, and configuration backup features and systems supporting the Zayo production network.
- Assisting IT Support in the testing, deployment, and implementation of new network management system platforms and/or software releases
- Engage vendor to resolve supported network management platform production support issues
- Partner with domain leads to evaluate, develop and refine OSS system methods and procedures for internal and end user use
- Validate all project, administration and production related activities are associated to a ticket. Managing all Element Management tickets to resolution
- Utilitze technical documentation as a resource to resolve issues in areas with less expertise
- Provide regular feedback and recommendations to domain leads on chronic issues and trends identified
- Provide root cause feedback to NCC technicians to increase awareness, drive accountability and decrease error frequency
- Monitoring all supported Element Management systems. Ensure all applications are monitored and systems are proactively monitored
- Providing end users with access & troubleshooting M&Ps where applicable
- Sharing rotational on-call after hours support responsibilities with team
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Administration and scripting experience with most of the following: Linux/Unix, Java, Perl, Python, shell scripting
- Solid understanding of networking protocols: IP Networking, UDP/TCP, subnetting, DNS, SSL, HTTP(S), Telnet, SSH
- Solid Understanding of Network Monitoring Protocols: SNMP, Syslog and TL1
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.