OSP Project Manager – Seattle
Location: Seattle,WA     Department: Project Manager
Job Number: VB-14013
OSP Project Manager – Seattle
Reports To: Operations Manager
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The OSP Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of Zayo’s fiber infrastructure builds. This position manages the design, estimating, planning, implementation, contract vendor solicitations as well as act as outside plant representation to customers for Zayo sales teams. Individual is also responsible for management of all aspects of the OSP function for determined projects insuring that all tasks are completed and reported as committed. This role also requires the ability to enable a cohesive and functional alignment of all internal and external organizations required to successfully support Zayo Fiber Solutions.
- A working knowledge of all aspects of Zayo’s OSP processes including but not limited too:
- OSP construction
- Site preparation and permitting.
- OSP testing and acceptance standards
- Google Earth and various fiber mapping platforms
- RFP Process, Budget forecast, tracking and reporting.
- Establish and maintain OSP work schedules in alignment with the projects requirements.
- Recommend OSP construction firms and initiate contract negotiations.
- Timely reporting of project status and jeopardy’s.
- Project status reviews and escalation to prevent date slippage.
- Provide real time direction to support personnel (internal & external) to insure project timelines and contractual commitments are met.
- Communication and escalation of any contractual, technical or scheduling requirements that are in jeopardy.
- Internal escalation to Zayo Management for any sensitive issues that could cause customer dissatisfaction or relationship issues.
- Precise knowledge of the Customer’s Roll Out Schedule and pro-active identification of any plan changes that could impact delivery commitments.
- Continuous communications with the Zayo FTT Project Manager.
- Pro-active identification of potential slips to the schedule will be escalated to Zayo Management, upon which Zayo Management will be responsible for the decision to allow the slip
- Diligent tracking and follow up of all issues and actions- encountered by either Zayo or our OSP supply vendors.
- Solicitation of permits, rights of way, easements and negotiations for 3rd party conduit
- High level of Telecommunication Products and Services knowledge as it relates to OSP.
- Strong Management and Interpersonal Skills
- Experience with project management databases and tracking systems
- Excellent Internal and External Team Building Skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- 3 Years Project Management Experience preferred
- Flexible Work Hours and Travel
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.