Optical Transport NCC Tier II Technician
Location: Tulsa,Oklahoma     Department: Operations
Job Number: CH-0024
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This job is responsible for surveillance and maintenance of core network facilities and associated hardware.
Works under periodic supervision. Performs varied tasks of moderate complexity requiring the application of standard procedures and criteria. Some technical evaluation and fundamental judgement is required, while building an internal and external network.
- Suspends any network activity that places the network at risk.
- Identifies network troubles and opens trouble tickets for resolution; upon completion, closes tickets.
- Runs tests, checks processes, and assists with repair coordination activities.
- Tracks trouble resolutions, provides ticket updates and other information to customers.
- Initiates escalation process to appropriate support group.
- Coordinates with technicians and dispatches field technicians to provide maintenance/repairs and service.
- Performs remote testing, coordinates off-net testing, and performs escalations.
- Interacts with customers; attends customer meetings, and maintains knowledge of customer needs.
- Assists in quality control, performance/process improvement measurement & tracking; and documents processes.
- Provides front-line support on customers problem calls.
- May provide failure coordination efforts to ensure/or restore service.
- May perform CLR reconciliation and schedules validation.
- High School Diploma and 2+ years related technical experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Computer Application skills
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.