Optical Transport NCC Tier I Technician
Location: Tulsa,Oklahoma     Department: Operations
Job Number: CH-0023
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Network Control Center Technician will be responsible for answering phone calls, responding to emails, ticket creation and routing as the customer’s first point of contact. The position will also require direct communication with upper tier technicians, engineers, and management.
As a NCC Tier I Technician you will work directly with our clients in an energetic, positive, team-based environment to document, identify, and determine next course of action for customer issues across all of our services. Experience in troubleshooting and/or customer support is a plus but not necessary. If you have great communication skills, work well in a team environment, enjoy interacting with people, and being tasked with new and challenging issues, this job might be for you! Our technical center provides a unique environment in which you will be performing basic troubleshooting of a variety of services.
Training is provided; successful candidates must possess strong interpersonal skills and the desire to learn. The NCC is a 24x7x365 environment so candidates must be willing to work any shift. Candidates will be assigned to a shift for a minimum of 90 days, unless the needs of the business dictate otherwise.
- Responsible for answering customer support calls and emails 24x7x365.
- Answer customer calls, create tickets, and perform initial triage for issue resolution.
- Identify customer impact and urgency.
- Interdepartmental communications.
- Resolve issue by utilizing documented processes.
- Escalate/assign tickets to appropriate teams, leads, and managers.
- Communicate updates via phone or email to customers.
- Once incident is deemed resolved, verify and close tickets – reroute as necessary.
- Ensure ticket handoff during shift changes in accordance to operations guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and related technical experience
- Customer service experience in a Network Control Center environment is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Salesforce experience a plus but not required
- Ability to multitask with an attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.