Optical Tier III Technician
Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Operations
Job Number: LH-1186
Optical Tier III Technician
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: Director, Install Tier III
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Individual in this role will be responsible for the deployment and implementation of all new network builds and network augments, across multiple platforms. This is an individual that will be considered a subject matter expert, and will remotely implement and commission new network equipment as well as verify proper commissioning on existing network equipment. This individual will provide advanced technical support of the network and provide in-depth analysis of critical network issues on all platforms as required. This role is expected to mentor and train less experienced technicians.
- Provision new equipment to include “greenfield” route builds, and network augments.
- Install equipment required to install and test new services, to include SONET SDH, Fiber Channel GBE, and others.
- Communicate with internal and external customers, as well as assist other technicians with troubleshooting and technical questions regarding circuit operation and installation.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to solve complex network issues.
- Maintain and follow documented guidelines for upgrading, implementing, and removing facilities within a transport network.
- Partner with the other teams within the Network Control Center (NCC) to monitor the proper operation of Network equipment 24X7.
- Minimal travel requirements (less than 10%) .
- Minimum 5 years telecommunications experience with a deep understanding of SONET, SDH, and DWDM Networks. NOC environment experience favorable.
- Fundamental understanding of all protocols provisioned (GbE, SONET, Fiber Channel, and others)
- Knowledge of equipment commissioning and provisioning across multiple platforms.
- Expertise with the following vendor equipment:
- Fuji (7420, 7120, 4500, 4100)
- Infinera (DTNX, DTC,ATC, MTC, TNX)
- Ciena (6500, 5200, 4200, 3500, CPL)
- Ciena (formerly Cyan) (Z77,Z33,Z22)
- Cisco (15600,15454,15310)
- Nokia 1830
- Familiarity with the following systems favorable:
- Strong interpersonal skills to support management, negotiation, and problem-solving functions of this role.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines in high pressure scenarios.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimal supervision.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.