Operations – zColo Financial Analyst/Operations Intern
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1801
zColo Financial Analyst/Operations Intern (Finance/Operations)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students who are passionate about a career in the telecom industry. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.services.
The intern will be primarily responsible for assisting the zColo team with creating metrics and reports via Salesforce, including analyzing costs for several areas within the group. This role will also assist with development of procedures for the zColo Operations team. An effective intern will become an expert in navigating Salesforce and the zColo team processes and procedures. The position requires strong technical aptitude and attention to detail, but does not require telecommunications experience. Personal communication skills are critical, as this role demands constant interaction with internal support teams, and an individual with a hunger to solve problems and improve operational performance will excel in this role.
- Assist team with creating Salesforce reporting
- Validate data in Salesforce work with the appropriate cross functional departments on cleanup for reporting consistency and data integrity
- Assist with special projects
- Assist with development of procedures to manage monthly business analyses with a focus on improving and promoting quality as demonstrated by accuracy and thoroughness of analysis
- Participate in department-related projects.
- Assist with Invoice and Vendor Payment issues between operations and accounting
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management
- Undergrad or MBA studying Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Telecommunications experience a plus
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- High energy individual with strong work ethic and ability to multitask
- Application Proficiency: Must have proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be self-motivated, able to maintain confidentiality, have strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills, and able to multitask and prioritize
- Refine analytical skills through exposure to operational metrics, financial and business data, process improvement, and strategy
- Strengthen critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
- $20.00/hour for MBA student/degree or equivalent
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.