Operations – Outside Plant (OSP) Coordinator/Researcher Intern
Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1837
Outside Plant (OSP) Coordinator/Researcher Intern (Operations)
Boulder or Denver, CO
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The intern will be focusing on Minnesota record cleanup and be responsible for determining record gaps from acquired companies by reviewing contract and fiber records.
- Review contracts and records daily, as defined by the local OSP director
- Search for associated information in the GIS system for accuracy
- Compile a listing and organize the data surrounding each contract using Google Spreadsheets and hotlinks to the information
- Provide details and updates daily to the OSP Director
- Undergrad preferred
- Ability to review maps using basic GIS details
- Read contracts to determine details
- Knowledge of Google Spreadsheets and hotlinks
- Self-starter, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Work autonomously with limited oversight and with remote management
- Develop experience of how contracts are worded and what details are necessary to support concepts
- Gain knowledge of how to correlate information within a GIS mapping system
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.