Operations – NCC Video Technician Intern
Location: Tulsa,OK     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1815
NCC Video Technician Intern (IT/Operations)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, health, and services of the Zayo Live Video Network within the Zayo NCC including the National Basketball Association and ensuring network and data integrity.
- Maintain quality control of video, audio, and data transport feeds through analytics and network management systems for transmission over fiber optic networks
- Open, maintain, and close trouble cases related to client and network services
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain local access connectivity, including Type II and on-net providers
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain client services delivered via the Live Video Network(s)
- Coordinating and supporting facilities access
- Work with Tier II to maintain organization and relevance related to Live Video information repositories
- MBA preferred
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with today’s media platforms (tv, online, social)
- Process oriented, strong analytical aptitude, superior problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of teamwork, positive attitude, and willingness to support others in supporting group objectives
- Able to thrive in fast paced environment and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Gain knowledge of how today’s media sources reach the consumer
- Understand how operational teams work behind the scenes to enable our clients to develop their own products and promote technologies
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
- $20.00/hour for MBA student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.