Operations – NCC Operations Support & Quality Assurance Analyst Intern
Location: Westminster,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1836
NCC Operations Support & Quality Assurance Analyst Intern (Operations)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The intern will be tasked with establishing an overall NCC quality assurance program to assist in decreasing case closure defects, improve NCC call acceptance and support NCC tactical managers and employees through quality training in addition to Support the service improvement initiatives from the companies type II and leased fiber vendors.
- Conduct case quality scrub for customer service reviews and for use with technician performance and training opportunities
- Call Quality Assurance
- Continue to review call center statistics at the larger, group level
- Provide regular, on the spot, and ‘real-time’ monitoring of individual technician stats that will give managers a clear assessment of how technicians are performing in this area
- Review fiber cut cases to ensure complete details are being provided within the summary and DSR are being completed thoroughly for assistance with repair cost recovery efforts
- Analyze carrier performance trends through performance metrics
- Schedule and conduct carrier service reviews and act as a facilitator between account team members and vendors. Individual will have ownership of all vendor related issues
- Drive the repair time down and raise circuit availability through strategic/tactical carrier initiatives
- Identify internal process improvements that directly influence our vendor service performance
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and/or annual Type II & Leased Fiber service reviews to executive team
- Establish internal working relationships within various levels of the Type II or Leased Fiber Providers organization and can act as steering committee to solve problems
- Participate in preparation and presentation of contract renewals as required
- Support Zayo’ s maintenance/change management organization as it relates to our Type II and Leased Fiber Providers requests and adherence
- Customer Meetings & Operational Reviews
- Support in customer service reviews, operational discussions, and improvement initiatives.
- Undergrad preferred
- Strong communication & relationship building skills – verbal, writing, and interpersonal
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and be a successful member of a team
- Possesses effective leadership skills and qualities
- Versed in giving presentations to large groups and speaking with customers, internal and external
- Versed in coordinating and running meetings with various, cross-functional groups
- Proven track record of building strong, working relationships with vendors Results oriented with effective problem-solving skills
- Comfortable escalating within various levels of the organization
- Ability to understand complex issues and drive through resolution
- Self-directed with the ability to handle simultaneous tasks while working efficiently, effectively and is an independent thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexible if and when last minute meetings are necessary
- Gain proficiency with and understand the importance off data gathering by ding root cause of particular events.
- Strengthen IT skills
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.