Operations Engineer, Electrical/Mechanical
Location: Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX,     Department: Engineering
Job Number: LH-1196
Operations Engineer, Electrical/ Mechanical
Atlanta Ga or Dallas, TX
Reports To: Director of Operations
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Ensure preventive maintenance is performed on all data center infrastructure systems at the various facilities in the designated region to satisfy company compliance requirements by performing the following duties:
- Develop scope of work for preventive maintenance contracts.
- Develop Method of Procedures (MOPs) for preventive maintenance activities that is consistent with company compliance requirements.
- Solicit quotes from multiple vendors to ensure fair market value.
- Manage maintenance schedules to ensure alignment with required compliance intervals.
- Process purchase requisitions associated with seeking funding for maintenance activities.
- Manage maintenance budget for each facility.
- Maintain communication with each site manager to ensure all preventive and corrective maintenance activity is shared.
- Vendor relationship management.
- Document management (contracts, schedules, field service reports, etc.).
- Coordinate and supervise vendors working on infrastructure systems.
- Manage infrastructure expansions, replacements and upgrades.
- Diagnose infrastructure failures and implement corrective actions to restore infrastructure to normal operation.
- Capacity management for power and cooling (including load calculations).
- Submit all work through Change Management process.
- Provide 24/7/365 on call support for infrastructure outages.
- Incident management.
- Travel to various sites in the region of responsibility to oversee critical maintenance and/or repairs, as necessary.
- Adherence and enforcement of established company security standards.
- 5+ years working in data center environment.
- Well-versed in data center electrical/Mechanical infrastructure systems (Generators, UPS, Transformers, Distribution, Chillers, HVAC systems, Fire Protection Systems, etc.).
- Functional knowledge of HVAC, Fire Alarm, BMS, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Certification/Formal Training in electrical, preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.