Operations – Big Data Intern
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1820
Big Data Intern (Product/Operations)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Big Data intern(s) is responsible for assisting Zayo’s sales efforts to identify targeted buildings and customer sites, and ensuring valid and clean building and location data by utilizing the various tools and vendors available. A successful intern will be self-motivated with strong attention to detail and an interest in product and operations within the telecommunications industry
- Research building tenants, key customer sites, and customer contacts
- Perform general data cleanup, validation, and duplicate identification
- Assist in broad market research in coordination with various business development groups within Zayo
- Assist in processes for go forward automation
- General assistance with ad-hoc Big Data sales
- Undergrad preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills, and critical thinking abilities
- Gain experience in basic finance
- Strengthen Excel skills
- Develop proficiency with Salesforce and reporting
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.