Network Performance Engineer
Location: Boulder/Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK,     Department: Engineering, IT
Job Number: CR-1000
Network Performance Engineer
Boulder or Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK
Reports To: Director, Architecture
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Network Performance Engineer must have intimate knowledge of the Layer 2 and Layer3 networks and networking protocols including STP, REP, VLANs, G.8031, G.8032, MPLS, BGP, OSPF. The ideal candidate should possess excellent communication skills and be able to perform in-depth troubleshooting of all network issues that arise, often communicating directly with vendor technical support. Experience with Ethernet cellular backhaul a plus. The primary functions of a Network Performance Engineer is ensure Zayo is meeting the network availability requirements of our mobile backhaul customers. These individuals will have daily expectations, but are primarily driven by projects in the IP, Ethernet, and cellular backhaul networks that require greater attention to detail and management from a more advanced technical resource.
- The primary function of the Network Performance Engineer will be to monitor, report on and proactively take action on Zayo Mobile backhaul circuit performance on a daily basis. The position is responsible for maintaining and updating performance monitoring and management systems, graphing, logging and alarming.
- Proactively perform fault isolation and repair on Ethernet and IP platforms for any network performance events that occur.
- Responsible for managing and completing special projects as assigned or as needed to maintain networks high availability. These special projects may include (but are not limited to) network software upgrades, network audits, network configuration changes, creation of network tools & automation scripts, testing of network technologies & configurations, and other projects as assigned. The position will be expected to compile project plans & schedules, and regularly report on progress status.
- Responsible for creating and updating network documentation and drawings. Candidate should have strong Visio and written skills.
- B.S. or equivalent from a four-year University or technical school.
- 2 – 4 years of related work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with MS Office Suite including Visio.
- In-depth knowledge of various technologies including Cisco, Juniper, Force10, NSN, and Accedian.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.