Location: Boulder or Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK,     Department: Engineering
Job Number: LH-1279
Boulder or Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK
Reports To: Director, Planning
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is responsible for understanding a large multinational Ethernet and IP network consisting of routers and switches from a variety of vendors with Juniper being the most widely deployed technology and by creating innovative solutions to address optimization and consolidation network opportunities. Applicants must have at least 3 years of experience working with Juniper or Cisco routing equipment and be knowledgeable on common Ethernet and IP protocols to include BGP, MPLS, and Spanning Tree. Creates targeted plans for network design options and configurations based on the overall budgets and helps schedule the completion based on requirements etc. Must also be an effective communicator working closely with internal Engineering, Operations and Field Services to provide required input for timely completion of projects and be able to interact with customers both verbally and in writing as necessary.
- Develop and recommend strategies to address specific telecommunications, connectivity, and related customer service needs.
- Evaluate, engineer and design solutions, which can include public and private telecommunications networks.
- Project manage network installation projects consisting of telecommunications equipment, systems, and services; and provide on-going technical support.
- Assist in the development of a Capital budget; provide budgetary details related to customer forecast and network upgrades. Manage capital associated with projects according to plan, develop reports, and provide weekly updates.
- Provide Tier III technical support to customers and other work groups. As the system expert has a broad knowledge of all aspects of the assigned systems, including its design basis, vendor equipment, operating characteristics, and required maintenance.
- Assist in configuring customer and network equipment. Provision new circuits, routers, and other network equipment as required.
- Work well as a part of a team as well as be able to perform as an individual with minimal supervision
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and 3 – 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have Juniper and/or Cisco router experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the design and configuration of Ethernet & IP networks.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Great customer service skills.
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Understanding of telecommunications network circuit design and fiber optic networks or other comparable networks.
- Knowledge of the following Transmission and TCP/IP standard telecommunication practices and technologies:
- Ethernet Switching
- IP Routing
- Spanning Tree
- Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
- Domain Name Servers (DMS)
- RFC2544 Ethernet Testing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.