Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Business Ops
Job Number: CH-8888
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is responsible for optimizing leased access circuits, network fiber and facilities infrastructure. This position is also responsible for forecasting and reporting against financial targets and project goals. The successful planner is required to collaborate with internal departments such as Engineering, ISP, and OSP on new deployment projects as well as get involved with network escalations due to maintenance issues.
- Identification of network related expenses that can be reduced or eliminated in addition to planning and managing circuit grooming projects.
- Develop city/market plans for network capacity planning and optimization opportunity.
- Participate with ILEC/CLEC vendor management as it pertains to developing and managing SLA/NDAs and performance reporting.
- Candidate must have in depth understanding of telecommunications service lifecycle and data correlation from order through design and bill.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related technical field, or equivalent work experience as a Planner/Engineer within the telecommunications industry.
- Experience with writing and maintaining vendor contracts, managing SLA’s based on contractual agreements, forecasting growth and grooming circuits to optimize the NetEx spend.
- Experience with ILEC Access & Local Service ordering systems and process.
- Understanding of OSS and BSS telecommunications systems and their correlation.
- Data reconciliation through database access and reporting or SQL a plus.
- Vendor billing reconciliation and dispute identification.
- SONET, Ethernet, Wave, DS3/DS1, Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks.
- Working knowledge of ILEC/CLEC LSO/CO optimization
- Experience in defining capacity planning requirements.
- 5+ years of experience working on complex, innovative projects /networks.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.