Sr Network Expense Analyst
Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Accounting, Finance
Job Number: LH-1099
Sr Network Expense Analyst
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: Director, Global Network Expense
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is primarily responsible for all Network Expense tracking and accuracy. Through research and analyzing accounting data; which includes month-end variance/reporting. Seeking a strong work ethic, with the ability to learn quickly with a self-starter drive.
- Maintain inventory of all circuits and MACD activity.
- Reconcile/identify discrepancies in cost reduction and accuracy GL accounts.
- Prepare and create journal entries which include pre-paid cost.
- Responsible for identifying cost reduction opportunities, and escalating opportunities to management.
- Review and approve vendor invoices for payment with proper General Ledger coding.
- Interpret and compare invoiced services against quoted contract rates/tariffs and internal inventory.
- Track and resolve billing disputes/discrepancies with various carriers; present escalation issues, status reports and findings to manager.
- Account reconciliation: research past due balances to ensure they are cleared in a timely manner.
- Understand and interpret Interconnection Agreements, Tariff documents, and contracts.
- Work with many teams within the organization for validation of cost.
- Provide financial support and data analysis.
- Assist in month-end processes, including variance analysis and accrual calculations.
- Maintain current financial reports and creating new reports to establish greater visibility into our end of month analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and TEOCO (telecom expense management system) preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Accounting/accounts payable experience preferred.
- Experience creating and maintaining financial reports.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.