NCC Tier III Technician
Location: Tulsa, OK or Westminster, Denver or Boulder, CO,     Department: Engineering, Operations
Job Number: MR-1100
NCC Tier III Technician
Tulsa, OK or Westminster, Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: Manager, NCC
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This role is responsible for providing advanced technical support to maintain products and services, performs testing and coordination, use of CLR, vendor management, escalations, and other duties related to maintaining the network. Works independently under minimal supervision. Performs a wide spectrum of moderately difficult assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation, and judgement. Assumes all routine tasks for major or multiple projects, and is periodically called upon to make un-reviewed decisions. Has a strong internal and external network. May act as a team leader and mentor others.
- Suspends any network activity that places the network at risk.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting/diagnostics to identify problem areas for resolution.
- Runs tests, checks processes, and assists with repair coordination activities.
- Tracks trouble resolutions, provides ticket updates and other information to customers.
- Coordinates with technicians and dispatches field technicians to provide maintenance/repairs and service.
- Performs remote testing, coordinates off-net testing, and performs escalations.
- Interacts with customers; attends customer meetings, and maintains knowledge of customer needs.
- Gathers information and provides network data analysis.
- Provides technical consultation/coaching, and mentoring for technicians and staff.
- Participates in quality control, performance/process improvement measurement and tracking; assists in developing policies and procedures.
- Assists in identifying training needs.
- Provides front-line support on customers problem calls.
- May provide assistance with projects to ensure successful completion.
- May fill in for supervisor when not available to maintain workflow.
- High School Diploma plus 4+ years related technical experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Computer application skills.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.